Tuesday 23 July 2013

Adelaide to Bangkok

The first real day of my new adventure. I didn't sleep well due to an upset stomach and in fact could not face food. I forced down a meal just before the flight departed Melbourne for Bangkok on the basis that it was going to be a long flight without a meal.
I had spent the night at a friends and in the morning he took me to the airport for the flight to Melbourne. Check in was quick and so was the security screening. Fire alarms sounded while I was waiting for the flight but it turned out to be a false alarm. The flight to Melbourne was uneventful.
A longish wait between flights gave me a chance to settle the stomach a bit and the opportunity to complete another Lesson in my Online TESOL course.
We left 35 minutes late. Good old Jetstar, boarding was delayed a little at the Captain's request and then the Captain allowed us on board. We sat for 35 minutes while a "technical problem" was resolved.  I have a low opinion of aircrew and airlines that treat their customers with such lack of respect. Leave us in the departure lounge if you have a problem as there we can eat, walk, drink and use the toilets and electronic devices. But instead we are confined to our cramped seats with no air conditioning and other freedoms.
Other than that the flight was uneventful. Stomach behaved itself.
I decided to eat a snack on the plane. I had planned to eat in Bangkok but worked out that it really would be late by the time I arrived and cleared the formalities. As it happened that took a long time and then my gf was not around to meet me. It turned out that she had confused the dates and I would be waiting a long time for her - like until tomorrow night.
I organised a ride to a cheapish hotel, The Great Residence, and as my body clock was telling me that it was about 2 am I slept.
The Bludger has arrived in Thailand.

No comments:

Post a Comment